Photo by AIRINCer Eric Aiken
The latest results are in! Housing increases in Singapore, United Arab Emirates and more!
Every quarter AIRINC provide data points update on our cost-of-living research including housing, goods & services, tax and research locations. This quarter’s cost of living research was conducted primarily in North America, Central and South America, the Middle East, Africa, and maritime Southeast Asia-Pacific
Snapshots of expatriate-quality rental markets around the world
- United States: In many high-cost US metro areas, especially on the east and west coasts, rents have fallen or remained flat since August....
- United Arab Emirates [RISING]: Dubai rents increased again for Q1 as demand for villas is high and the supply is still limited....
- Singapore [RISING]: Tenants and rental agents have noted that there is high demand from all sectors and levels as the expatriate population continues to grow....
GOODS AND SERVICES UPDATE
Highlights from AIRINC’s in-depth research
- Following a 7.8 magnitude earthquake in February, the Turkish government declared a three-month long state of emergency in the 10 worst affected provinces....
See Goods and Services Inflation
See Selected locations with inflation higher than 5% for 6 months
- United States: At the Federal level for 2023, there have been inflation-indexing adjustments to tax brackets and the standard deduction.... read more for notable state tax developments
- Belgium: Inflation-indexing has been applied to deduction maximums, the income splitting amount, tax credits based on family size, other credits, and tax brackets....
- Singapore: There are two new top marginal rates, 23% and 24%, assessed at taxable incomes of SGD 500,000 and SGD 1,000,000, respectively....
More blog posts for you
Leverage Dynamic Technology
Survey: Social Pillar of ESG in Global Mobility