What are Boston Mobility Industry Leaders talking about?
In late March, AIRINC hosted industry leaders from the Boston area for a roundtable discussion and to provide their insights on a myriad of topics.
Here are some takeaways from the discussion:
Developing a Tiered Approach to International Policy
- Many companies are in the early stages of building out a flexible and tiered policy approach.
- Some of the challenges companies are facing when managing flexible policies include taming cost, balancing a consistent framework and a positive employee experience.
- The key stakeholders involved in driving decisions are Talent Acquisition and HR VP’s but leader also garnered feedback from RMC’s.
Remote / Hybrid Work
- Remaining tax compliant is a commonly shared theme when it comes to international remote assignments.
- Some companies require employees to handle the appropriate work authorizations themselves, whilst others required an entity in the country the employees wished to work remotely from.
- Not many formal remote policies are in place, but rather are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- International remote work is often discouraged. There is often pushback from employees on why their remote assignments are questioned or rejected.
- There is an important push to educate employees on tax liabilities and the obligations that arise when remote work is international.
Use of Technology in Global Mobility
- While the group agreed technology is vital for tracking assignments, tracking cost, and the overall management of data, but every company has individual needs. Some tech features that may be useful for one company are not for others.
- Scheduled reporting is important for many companies. Extracting reports tailored to specific business sectors needs is highly valued.
- Technology can help enhance the employee experience whilst also providing value to the business.
Interested in joining our next roundtable event? Please contact us today.
SIGN UP NOW!
Webinar: Addressing Interest Rates in U.S. Domestic Relocations
If you cannot make it, register now and you will be able to stream the webinar at a time of your choice!