How Much Inflation are the Top Global Talent Locations Experiencing?
We have been watching top locations where companies send their key talent - view our interactive Goods & Services Inflation Tracker, which has been updated for this quarter based on the listed countries’ most recently published CPI data.
The rising inflation that we were observing has tapered off this quarter. The top three locations have shuffled around:
- Mexico moved from third to first at 9.3%
- the United Kingdom stayed in second at 8.6%
- Brazil moved from first to third at 7.8%
Japan had been lowest on the list for multiple quarters: now, Japan's Goods & Services inflation is at 3.8%, which places it ahead of Saudi Arabia and China (both at 2.5%).
Who is Feeling the Effects of Inflation?
With inflation all over the headlines, are you fielding questions from your assignees regarding their COLA calculations (Cost of Living Allowance) -- in these locations or elsewhere? AIRINC's COLA Change Report can help you with those conversations. It is a transparent personalized report that reflects changes in an assignee’s specific COLA and visually explains the reasons behind the change.
As a compensation professional, understanding how inflation is impacting your employees’ pay is critical, especially since inflation’s impact on salary varies by multiple factors, from geography to where the individual falls on the income spectrum. Our analysis and data on income distribution shows that inflation is impacting lower-level employees the most.
AIRINC’s Inflation Impact Analysis provides you with the data you need to make an informed decision on how much to adjust salaries or when to provide a one-time inflation payment.
Contact Us or view some of our recent content around inflation:
- Download: The Key Things You Need to Know About Inflation and Your Global Mobility Program
- Webinar Recording: Back to Basics: Inflation and the COLA
- Upcoming webinar: Join AIRINC at this interactive session with WorldatWork to learn how inflation impacts spending power and strategies to understand & address the impact.